Skocz do zawartości
GeorgeMendes

Gaming on old workstation?

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

I'm looking to spruce up and old workstation into something resembling a gaming machine. Here's what I'm working with:

Dell Optiplex 760
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz
6MB L2 cache, 1333 MHz FSB
Intel Q45/Q43 Chipset
6GB DDR2 RAM, PC2-6400 (max 8GB)
ATI Radeon HD 4550 512MB
1920x1080 @60Hz

The Radeon card was repurposed from another project and was a good step up from the integrated graphics. I can manage Sketchup, Minecraft, and GTA San Andreas at 1280x720, but that's as far as it goes.

I'm hoping to step up to something that can run GTA V well and do some video capture and editing and light 3D drawing on dual monitors - on a tight budget of course, maybe $100. Is there a good bang-for-the-buck video card for this?

I'm looking at GTX 780, 970, 980, and 1060 cards with 3-4GB RAM, Am I barking up the right tree? Am I going to need some kind of additional power connector, maybe a new power supply?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

1. ) I not sure - spam or not spam ?

2. ) incorrect subforum .

This really old platform with minimal upgrade , even with top CPU ( Xeon or C2Q 9650 ) you don't have enouht CPU power to play modern games in medium / high details + FHD Resolution .

Ads GTX970 / 980 or even GTX1060 6GB ( better in future than 3 GB version ) is overkill to current platform .

To play MC or GTA SA simply buy better card like HD78xx .

To play GTA V in medium / high detail buy complety new platform with modern CPU like I5 8xxx / I5 9xxx or Ryzen R5 Gen 1 / Gen 2 , 16 GB high clocked ram ( 2 666 mhz or more ) and minimum Rx 570

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi