Skocz do zawartości
kucyk

Far Cry

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Nie wiem czy to przez ten patch ale po jego instalacji gra mi płynniej chodzi w 1024x768 niż w 800x600 full detale!!!.Czy ktoś jeszcze miał coś takiego?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

ja wlasnieinstaluje patcha ale wczesniej zainstalowalem wersje PL 5cd i jestem w szoku:

1.jakosc dzwieku zawalista

2.mnei jdoczytuje jak an werjs 3cd ang teraz woogleprawie nie doczytuje ! a jesli to na 1s albo krocej i odrazu widac ze jest duzo wiecej fps , no a terazi nstalujepatcha idam znac co i jak

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Widzieliście co jest w katalogu support???? :D

Buahahaha! Wygląda na to że w (przynajmniej) Radeonach X800 jest taki sam performance boost jak w GF6800 ze względu na SM3.0!!! W Radeonach nazywa się to ShaderModel 2.0b!! Opis działania obu konkurencyjnych implementacji jest słowo w słowo taki sam, więc??

Nigdzie nie jest opisana różnica między R3xx a R4xx w kwestii SM2.0 / 2.0b, więc (blokada w sterach?) 8) ? Wymagany jest DX9.0c.

Far Cry Patch 1.2 – Shader Model 3.0 Beta Support FAQ

What is Shader Model 3.0?

Shader Model 3.0 is a programming feature of the Microsoft DirectX 9.0 API.  It is used by 3D programmers and 3D artists to create cinematic-quality visual effects faster and more efficiently.  

How do I get Shader Model 3.0?

To experience games that take advantage of Shader Model 3.0 features you will need a graphics card that supports it.  The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series is the first to market with full support for Shader Model 3.0.

How do I enable Shader Model 3.0?

Shader Model 3.0 is currently a beta feature of Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and won’t be officially available until Microsoft’s next DirectX update (which is expected later this summer). You will also need to obtain a driver update from your graphics hardware vendor that enables Shader Model 3.0.

What differences will I see in the game as result of the addition of Shader Model 3.0?

Patch v1.2 is a performance driven patch.  As a result, you will experience faster frame rates (up to 35 percent on NVIDIA 6800 graphics hardware) throughout Far Cry.

How long are the Shader Instructions and do you use the benefit of SM 3.0?

In Far Cry we use pixel shaders with up to 150 arithmetic instruction slots. Such pixel shaders cannot be executed using pixel shaders 2.0 target.

Describe your lighting system improvements with SM 3.0?

The main improvement with SM 3.0 lighting is handling of several light sources (up to 4) together with ambient, environment and light-maps in a single pass. So for example if we have 7 dynamic light sources in the scene with SM 2.0 we have to draw 8 passes (ambient pass + 7 light passes) but with SM30 we will draw just 2 passes (first pass: ambient + 4 light sources; second pass: 3 light sources).

Reducing the number of passes is a huge benefit because:

1. We don't have to execute vertex shader several times.

2. It reduces CPU loading.

3. It reduces number of state changes and frame buffer blending.

What features do you use from SM 3.0 in order to increase your rendering performance and what are the average benefits in percentage over SM 2.0?

Actually we use 2 main features with SM 3.0:

1. Pixel/Vertex shaders 3.0 used mostly in indoor scenes (where we use per-pixel lighting heavily) which allow us to draw several light sources in a single pass. Also we use 10 full precision and range interpolators (In SM 2.0 only 8 interpolators are available).

2. Geometry instancing is used mostly in outdoor scenes for vegetation. We split all vegetation to groups and draw them using a optimized code path in a single draw-call.

So in SM 3.0 path performance in both indoor and outdoor scenes is improved. With geometry instancing we have performance increasing up to 30%, with SM 3.0 lighting - up to 40%.

The most significant part of SM 3.0 is that it allows us to increase the lighting and geometry complexity without big performance decreases. In the current generation engine (FarCry: CryENGINE) we optimized our indoor and outdoor scenes taking into account current available hardware (SM 2.0 compliant). As a result the number of dynamic light sources in indoor scenes are limited (depends on scene). In outdoor we use aggressive LOD factors (switching from 3D-models to sprites in the near distance) to reduce the number of calls. But with SM 3.0 it’s easily possible to increase the number of dynamic lights and using more dense forest without big impact to performance.

Is there a visual fidelity difference between Shader Model 3.0 and Shader Model 2.0 within Far Cry?

There is almost no visual quality difference (except when we don't use frame buffer blending and accumulate lights in the pixel shaders with higher precision, so some visual difference is exist but it's almost not noticeable).

Our utilization is focused on performance improvements. One can achieve all necessary cinematic effects with SM 2.0 already. SM 3.0 is more convenient, hence more effective to code and offers the possibility to optimize the rendering performance, decrease the number of passes/draw-calls and optimize shaders with its advanced features such as long shaders, increased number of full-precision interpolators, geometry instancing, and dynamic branching.

How long did your engineers take to implement Shader Model 3.0 support in Far Cry?

We had the first version running within approximately 2 weeks, but in total we use a 4 man-weeks long time-frame.

Far Cry Patch 1.2 – Shader Model 2.0b Beta Support FAQ

What is Shader Model 2.0b?

Shader Model 2.0b is a programming feature of the Microsoft DirectX 9.0 API.  It is used by 3D programmers and 3D artists to create cinematic-quality visual effects faster and more efficiently.  

How do I get Shader Model 2.0b?

To experience games that take advantage of Shader Model 2.0b features you will need a graphics card that supports it.  The ATI Radeon X800 series is the first to market with full support for Shader Model 2.0b.

How do I enable Shader Model 2.0b?

Shader Model 2.0b is currently a beta feature of Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and won’t be officially available until Microsoft’s next DirectX update (which is expected later this summer). You will also need to obtain a driver update from your graphics hardware vendor that enables Shader Model 2.0b.

What differences will I see in the game as result of the addition of Shader Model 2.0b?

Patch v1.2 is a performance driven patch.  As a result, you will experience faster frame rates throughout Far Cry.

How long are the Shader Instructions and do you use the benefits of SM 2.0b?

In Far Cry’s SM 2.0b code path we use pixel shaders with up to 96 arithmetic instruction slots. Such pixel shaders cannot be executed using pixel shaders 2.0 target.

Describe your lighting system improvements with SM 2.0b?

The main improvement with SM 2.0b lighting is handling of several light sources (up to 3) together with ambient, environment and light-maps in a single pass. So for example if we have 5 dynamic light sources in the scene with SM 2.0 we have to draw 8 passes (ambient pass + 7 light passes) but with SM 2.0b we will draw just 2 passes (first pass: ambient + 3 light sources; second pass: 2 light sources).    

Reducing the number of passes is a huge benefit because:

1. We don't have to execute vertex shaders several times.

2. It reduces CPU loading.

3. It reduces number of state changes and frame buffer blending.

What features do you use from SM 2.0b in order to increase your rendering performance and what are the average benefits in percentage over SM 2.0?

Actually we use 2 main features with SM 2.0b:

1. Pixel/Vertex shaders 2.0b used mostly in indoor scenes (where we use per-pixel lighting heavily) which allow us to draw several light sources in a single pass.

2. Geometry instancing is used mostly in outdoor scenes for vegetation. We split all vegetation to groups and draw them using a optimized code path in a single draw-call.

So in the SM 2.0b path performance in both indoor and outdoor scenes is improved. With geometry instancing we have a performance increase of up to 30%, with SM 2.0b lighting - up to 40%.

The most significant part of SM 2.0b is that it allows us to increase the lighting and geometry complexity without big performance decreases. In the current generation engine (FarCry: CryENGINE) we optimized our indoor and outdoor scenes taking into account current available hardware (SM 2.0 compliant). As a result the number of dynamic light sources in indoor scenes are limited (depends on scene). In outdoor we use aggressive LOD factors (switching from 3D-models to sprites in the near distance) to reduce the number of calls. But with SM 2.0b it’s easily possible to increase the number of dynamic lights and using more dense forest without big impact to performance.

Is there a visual fidelity difference between Shader Model 2.0b and Shader Model 2.0 within Far Cry?

There is almost no visual quality difference (except when we don't use frame buffer blending and accumulate lights in the pixel shaders with higher precision, so some visual difference is exist but it's almost not noticeable).

Our utilization is focused on performance improvements. One can achieve all necessary cinematic effects with SM 2.0 already. SM 2.0b is more convenient, hence more effective to code and offers the possibility to optimize the rendering performance, decrease the number of passes/draw-calls and optimize shaders with its advanced features such as long shaders and geometry instancing,.

How long did your engineers take to implement Shader Model 2.0b support in Far Cry?

We had the first version running within approximately 2 weeks, but in total we use a 4 man-weeks long time-frame.

I co powicie? :lol:

Link do dyskusji na Beyond3D:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...p=329051#329051

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Jednak jest różnica. W przypadku GF piszą

What differences will I see in the game as result of the addition of Shader Model 3.0?

Patch v1.2 is a performance driven patch. As a result, you will experience faster frame rates (up to 35 percent on NVIDIA 6800 graphics hardware) throughout Far Cry.

a u Ati o tych 35% nic nie piszą. Chyba że zapomnieli :D

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Jednak jest różnica. W przypadku GF piszą

Patch v1.2 is a performance driven patch. As a result, you will experience faster frame rates (up to 35 percent on NVIDIA 6800 graphics hardware) throughout Far Cry.  

a u Ati o tych 35% nic nie piszą. Chyba że zapomnieli :D

So in the SM 2.0b path performance in both indoor and outdoor scenes is improved. With geometry instancing we have a performance increase of up to 30%, with SM 2.0b lighting - up to 40%.  

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Mam wersję 5 CD. Czy muszę instalować patch 1.1 czy wystarczy jak zainstaluję od razu patch 1.2?

Dajcie jakieś linki do tego patcha. Im więcej linków tym lepiej!!

Chyba cały świat ciągnie tego patcha, wszystko pozapychane :? :evil:

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

szukajcie w googlach sa jakiespwisy do rejestru dzieki ktorym patch znajdzie wasza gre, ja mailem wersje 3cd i tez lipa byla ale instalnolem 5cd i powiem ze wersja 5cd juz na starcie :

1. ma duuzo lepszy dzwiek, o niebo lepszy

2.Mam wersje polska :) fajna jest

3. Na starcie gra chodzi płynniej !!! duzo mniej doczytywania w stosunku do wersji 3cd ! nie wiem czego to jest zasluga ! ale gra praktycznie wcale mi nie doczyywala w poorwnaniu do wersji 3cd to niebo a ziemia, teraz po patchu 1.2 dodatokwy kop! zaje...gra!

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

A przeszedł ją już ktoś z was do końca?

Jestem w momencie jak wysadzam statek i potem z jego dziobu wale do śmigłowca. Ale!!! ten pie...... helikopter nie chce się rozlecieć choć dostał pare szczałów rakietami!!! Co jest? Kamieniami mam w niego rzucać? Może ma ktoś jakąś metode na niego?! Please...!!! Help!

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

szukajcie w googlach sa jakiespwisy do rejestru dzieki ktorym patch znajdzie wasza gre, ja mailem wersje 3cd i tez lipa byla ale instalnolem 5cd i powiem ze wersja 5cd juz na starcie :

1. ma duuzo lepszy dzwiek, o niebo lepszy

2.Mam wersje polska :) fajna jest

3. Na starcie gra chodzi płynniej !!! duzo mniej doczytywania w stosunku do wersji 3cd ! nie wiem czego to jest zasluga ! ale gra praktycznie wcale mi nie doczyywala w poorwnaniu do wersji 3cd to niebo a ziemia, teraz po patchu 1.2 dodatokwy kop! zaje...gra!

hmmmmm jakos nie moge nigdzie znalezc w google tych wpisow :( HELP

pozdr :)

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Czy ktoś jeszcze może potwierdzić że wersja 5cd ma lepszą jakość dzwięku niż 3cd?? Przecież obie wersje na dysku zajmują tyle samo, więc...

potwierdzam ! zajmuja tyle samo ale dzwiek o niebo lepszy jest na 5cd i woogle 5cd lepiej chodzi moze ze wzg na te ndzwiek gra jest tez plynniejsza i mniej doczytuje

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Ja po instalacji 1.2 nie moe wogule odpalić gierki? czy do tego są wymagane jakieś specjalne czary

Mam ten sam problem , czytalem ze sobie z tym poradziles, czy odinstalowales gre calkowicie , a pozniej zainstalowales i dopierow wtedy instalacja patcha 1.2. Co z zapisanym stanem gry?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

no ja tez mam problem

mam wersje DVD, po zainstalowaniu 1.2 niem gra startuje ale nie moge zaladowac poziomow, pod koniec ladoania z dysku wyskakuje jakis krytyczny blad i gra wychodzi na pulpit

co jest? czlowiek kupuje oryginala a tu takie jazdy!!!!!!!

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

no ja tez mam problem

mam wersje DVD, po zainstalowaniu 1.2 niem gra startuje ale nie moge zaladowac poziomow, pod koniec ladoania z dysku wyskakuje jakis krytyczny blad i gra wychodzi na pulpit

U mnie identycznie po zainstalowaniu patcha, ale nie wiem jeszcze czy to wina tego wlasnie, gdyz zauwazylem tez ze Prime zaczyna mi sie sypac przy tych ustawieniach, na ktorych dzialal wczesniej :?

Bede musial to potestowac :roll:

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

no ja tez mam problem

No zobacz, ja mam pi..... DVD eng i na witaminie od 1.0/1.1 wszystko działa po pathu 1.2- co za chamstwo :P

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Slayer potwierdzam. A co do samej gry to dzisiaj zainstalowalem sobie FarCry jeszcze raz ,bo chce ja przejsc na Realistic (na razie calkiem prosto) i po patchu 1.2 z 512 ramu (swap 768-1152) gra chodzi idealnie w 1024/wszystko na ultra high oprocz shadows ktore sa na High. Niedosc ,ze prawie wogole nie swapuje to jeszcze sterowanie chyba polepszyli ,bo przy nizszych FPS ruchy myszka nie maja takiego duzego laga. Co jeszcze zauwazylem to ,ze dodali troche stuffu jak slady pociskow przy strzelaniu w wode lub w piach ,troche tekstur zmienili. Jedne sa lepsze drugie gorsze(np tekstury na palmach nie sa juz tak szczegolowe :lol: :P) BTW chcialem sie zapytac ,kiedy w grze znajduje sie latarke?? Bo chyba cos za szybko polazlem ,a jest juz na misji z wrakiem statku i jeszcze jej nie mam :roll:

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Gość hydro2

Mi juz na patchu 1.1 na 768 ramach nic nie dogrywa i gram ze wszystkim na max,teraz sciagne tego patcha i zobaczymy czy 30 fpsow zmieni sie ze sredniej na minimalna,jesli tak to gra ma 10/10

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi